Swing Of Mood

on Saturday, March 15, 2008

14th March 2008
Morning
As a result of sleeping late the day before, I can hardly concentrate during the one hour lecture in the morning. Half conscious and half asleep I was, I somehow made it through the whole lecture. I was feeling rather down for no reason. Also, I was told that our A Levels results were released too. Immediately, a few possibilities were pictured in my mind. First, picture of me jumping in joy. Second, picture of me feeling disappointed and third, picture of me packing things preparing to go back to Malaysia. For the rest of the morning, I sat on the sofa holding my mobile phone struggling hard, thinking whether I should or shouldn't call JPA. In the end, I decided not to call though.

Afternoon
I was late for the BBQ at Reid lawn. It was a hot hot afternoon and as I can remember, I didn't feel any better compared to morning. I know I'm emotional at times. ^^ Anyway, I was glad to find out that they served the nice vegetarian patty that I like again! While I was eating, a few people started to call JPA and guess what? ALL of them got 15 points!!! Adrenaline level started to run high in my body and I can feel my heart beating faster than usual... Finally, I asked...

"Ada lagi tak?" (We were using Jien's phone asking one by one.)
"Ada, Ada... Wong Te Ying."
"Wong?"
"Ya ya, W-O-N-G Te Ying."
"Okay... Wong Te Ying ya?"
"Betul tu!"
"Semua A, lima belas markah!!"
Thanks God.

It was the moment I was waiting for since one and a half year ago. Of joyfulness, of appreciation and of satisfaction, I once again relish the feeling of scoring all As. No more pain, no more tears, no more disappointment, the sole feeling that I had was appreciation.

Evening
Bliss, it was the word to describe me. Haha... However, I met a weird old lao ah pek on my way back from Victoria Square to Rundle Mall which spoilt my mood a little while. Anyway, I had a quick recovery. =) He followed me at the tram station and kept staring at me as if there was something wrong with me. @@ After making sure that there was indeed nothing wrong with me, I concluded that he was crazy. Quite scary though, luckily I wasn't alone at that time. Thanks Jien.

Night
Our initial plan was to spend the rest of the evening at the beach but the plan changed out of the blue. Instead of bathing ourselves tanned at the beach, some of them decided to have a self pub crawl, namely Australian's happy hours. @@ As it wasn't my cup of tea, I decided not to follow. I was trying to get Yi Hong and Jien to accompany me to have some fun in the city but er, I forgot how but somehow we ended up with more people following us. Our first destination was Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts, which is an biannual event in Adelaide. There were music, dance, film, theatre and etc but we didn't watch any as entrance fees were applicable! We are a group of frugal poor students =P For more details about Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts, you can visit <http://www.adelaidefestival.com.au/>.

Then, we proceeded to North Terrace for Northern Lights.
"Celebrating one of the most beautiful cultural boulevards in the world for the duration of the Festival, the city’s historic architectural icons will be painted with light and coloured with life.
The State Library of South Australia, The South Australian Museum, The Art Gallery of South Australia on North Terrace are the sandstone cornerstones of our culture, illuminating and enlightening each generation. For two weeks, they themselves will take the spotlight every night of the Festival from dusk till 2am, the artists from the internationally acclaimed The Electric Canvas will transform their facades.
Through a constantly changing array of perfect, jaw-dropping architectual projection, reflecting the heritage and function of these beautiful buildings, Colonel Light’s 19thcentury vision will become a 21st-century vision in light."

Quoted from Northern Lights, The Electric Canvas, Australia, viewed 15 March 2008, <http://www.adelaidefestival.com.au/Show/Detail.aspx?p=5&id=11&c=7>.

Our next and last destination for the day was Adelaide Fringe 2008, which was ran side by side with Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts 2008. Try to picture Pesta in Malaysia and you will get a rough idea how it was like, except for there were a few dancing platforms in Adelaide. Their happy hours what... The only show that we watched was The Mutant Barnyard, featuring weird things from around the world. Two heads animals, three legged human and so on... But I didn't feel good seeing all these things. ^^

That's all for our celebrations after receiving the results! Hehe...

6 footprints:

Jox hOnG said...

What an awesome and master piece describing the events that went through the city of adelaide. All the sentences was fully coloured by the appropriate vocab and the spirit of the writer. Every important details of the festival were described simply yet thoroughly. After all, It is a piece that you will not want to miss!! :P:P

Te Ying said...

i may not be perfect bt part of me may be awesome!!!" haha...
wah, i cannot believe my eyes seeing ur comment. u mean d quotation or wat i had written? haha...

Unknown said...

haha, u enjoy ur day totally then...fr morning to night..
saw those photos in facebook, quite nice...

Te Ying said...

haha, yeah!! quite nice only ah? bt d real 1 is very very nice!!!

Unknown said...

tats why i say quite nice...i cant appreciate it mah...lolz

Te Ying said...

haha, too bad... no thanks!!