Cold!

on Friday, February 29, 2008

It's cold today! I'm sure that you wouldn't expect it to be 12 degree Celsius in the morning and 21 degree Celsius in the afternoon during SUMMER in Adelaide. But luckily there wasn't any strong wind.

I start to miss Malaysia's weather. Now I understand the term "panas dan lembap sepanjang tahun" we learned in Geography.

In Malaysia, I wake up only to find out that my pathetic blanket is at one corner of the bed.
In Australia, I find myself squeezing in my extra-size wool quilt every morning.

In Malaysia, I feel refreshed after a morning bath.
In Australia, I hate bathing in the morning because it's SUPER COLD!

In Malaysia, I don't need to use hot water while bathing.
In Australia, hot water is a must yet the electricity is expensive!

In Malaysia, I need not to wear a sweater while going out.
In Australia, sweater is my best companion.

In Malaysia, I don't need to walk so much.
In Australia, I walked from King William Street to City East Campus, Rundle Mall and even Grote Street.

In Malaysia, I can eat roti canai at RM0.80 per piece.
In Australia, so far I couldn't find any stall selling roti canai.

In Malaysia, I can eat nasi lemak at RM1.80.
In Australia, the price is at least 7 times higher.

In Penang, curry mee, hokkien mee, char kuey teow and dim sum are everywhere.
In Australia, you MAY find them in Chinatown and the price... further explanation is not needed I guess.

Even while I'm typing now, my fingers are cold and I can feel that the temperature is going down again. I'm shivering...
So now, I would say, seriously, I LOVE MALAYSIA!! (Inspired by Yi Hong) =)

4 footprints:

Jox hOnG said...

haha. Totally agree wit yoU!! hehe. We are not really homesick.We just miss the weather! haha.We still can enjoy our life here.

Te Ying said...

KH: yeah, i dun like d weather here, 阴晴不定... blanket also expensive ahh, haha... bt i got 2 currently =P

Jox: hmm, yeah, enjoy 4 d time being bt next week is stil a 未知数 haha...

Unknown said...

well, malaysia is nice, penang even nicer, n ur house is the nicest place ever u can find...lolz

talk abt weather, related to my latest poem..lolz

Te Ying said...

KN: d weather im talking abt is soooo NOT related 2 ur poem, haha...

KH: not same type of weather =P