Biology is NOT dead!

on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We often hear people talking about how tedious Biology is, and how difficult it is to memorise the terms and to understand the complex biological processes in our body. Therefore, it is not surprising that many people will assume Biology to be a "dead" science.

No doubt, Biology is hard when it comes to memorising facts for the sake of exams. But, Biology is FUN, particularly in tiny stuffs like altering a base to get a completely new protein! Protein synthesis is not just about transcription and translation but a lot more, a bigger picture of it. Well, I may be lagged in this but I just realised that a DNA molecule can act as template for synthesis of more than one type of protein and yeah, it amused me! Haha... In addition to that, the addition of an O atom to deoxyribose can significantly change the whole molecule's stability. Oops, this may be a little towards understanding of chemistry. Haha, how wonderful life is with the combination of Biology and Chemistry working in harmony. If ever they ain't, you should be worried. =P

Anyway, fun and exams are not correlating. I still get frustrated when I couldn't finish revising for the exams or when there are never-ending tutorials and assignments to be completed as the due dates are drawing near.

PS: I had done my essay!!! This is such a goooood news!!! Haha... (putting aside concern about the quality of work that I produced though...) Perhaps little refinement here and there is necessary before I can hand in my essay... ^^

0 footprints: