After 20 Years...

on Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just a random thought. It's 105 days away from 05122008 - the day I'm going back to Malaysia!! I couldn't believe it. It feels so fast as the day when I first arrived in Adelaide was like yesterday. Out of sudden, memories fly into my mind.

The day I received JPA's letter gave me smiles and tears. Smiles, for I know I am finally being granted the chance to study overseas. Tears, for I know I will be leaving home, a place where I was brought up for the past 18 years. My hometown is filled with memories, good and bad alike. There, I learned how to speak and write for the very first time. I fell, and I got up time after time. I cry, I laugh, I frown and I smile.

At times, I thought of giving up, I wanted to run back home. But there is a force which keeps me going all these while - I want a change, and I want to achieve something by myself.

Now, seven months have gone. I have been here for seven months and of course, started to get used to the life here. Cooking, groceries and studies... Nonetheless, living on my own has taught me great lessons about life and people.

From the day I start to learn:
Water is a transparent liquid.
All living things need water to survive.
Water makes up 70-75% of our total body weight.
Water is make up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atoms.
Covalent bonds hold the elements together to form water.
Water molecules are held together by hydrogen bonds.

And recently, water can feel and form different crystals. It may be just a coincidence, it may be a myth but I choose to believe, do you?

2 footprints:

orange said...

yes, water can from different crystals, snows are water and there isn't a snow flake that is alike.. the wonders of nature~

Te Ying said...

yeah, dat's y it's called nature.
and besides dat, water can form crystals, beautiful or horrifying, depending on the surrounding it's placed in.