Bittersweet

on Saturday, June 21, 2008

I used to have dreams
and when they are achieved
I am delighted
and when they fail
I am grief-stricken

Life
is like a dish
a little sugary
coupled with a dash of vinegar
Sweet and sour alike

Finding the equilibrium point in life
is not as easy as solving a differential equation
There is no absolute answer to a question
neither alpha nor beta
for it is not a mathematical problem

Standing in between both extreme ends
figuring out the critical point
I'm searching for stability
looking out for the best for myself
Being aware of the naiveness in "me"
I strive to be wise
in dealing with people around me
although at some point
I realise that I'm ignorant

Doomed in the shade of darkness
I'm working hard
to find the source of light
It seems to be an impossible task
after years of wondering

Never did I realise that
the source of light is actually myself
Generating my own light
and radiating the heat
makes me grow and glow
I may not be a bright spark
but I will be a perpetuating candle
calm and warm

The wind can extinguish my light
but I have no fear
for the light can be revived
What life is for
if there are no pitfalls?

Success is defined
for there is failure
The rainbow can only be seen
after a downpour
We learn how to walk
from falls
We cherish sunshine more
after three month of winter

And I
appreciate life
for what it brings to me.

5 footprints:

Jox hOnG said...

Astonishing lauguage!!
A high quality of work..

Te Ying said...

no la wei... i tot u shld leave ur "commet" on wat i wrote...not on my language.. =P

ZM said...

yer.. geli~










hahah!!!!
ANyway, I have updated my blog lah... due to pressure from many parties.

Te Ying said...

hey zhao ming, wat do u mean by "geli"?

ZM said...

Geli??? dunno o...
Try checking the Kamus Dewan Edisi Ke-5.
But I heard it's used to describe conversation btw couples.
Just kidding lah.
^^ so serious for wat. swt...