What Adelaide offers…

on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Part 1: The journey

Flying with AirAsia and Virgin Blue throughout my journey back to Adelaide was a pleasurable one. There wasn’t any delay and we were able to catch all our connecting flights. Well, AirAsiaX delayed to be exact but it didn’t affect our next flight so yeah, it actually shorten our waiting time in Perth. Everything went on smoothly until Part 2.

Part 2: Accommodation

We had been searching high and low for a low price house in the suburb areas and everything just turned us down. Whether it’s the landlord himself or the agent, it’s just the other way round over here; ie they choose you, not you choose them. As a result, I had been a ‘nomad’ for more than a week! The experience was bad and I certainly will never want to go over this anymore.

Part 3: Struggling between uni and moving house

Class started before I could settle down therefore I spent the first week rather ‘hanging’ in the middle for there wasn’t a permanent accommodation yet. It bothered me quite a lot actually. I get most of my furniture from IKEA which means that another day was spent on setting up. It’s almost the end of week 2 and week 3 is coming. There is a test in week 3 and I haven’t got internet connection back in my new house :(

Part 4: A little entertainment in between

I watched a string quartet concert on Thursday. It sounded interesting to me in the beginning but I got bored towards the end. Due to the never ending chores I had previously, I miss out most of the events organised in conjunction with Adelaide Fringe Festival. I heard that it is a biannual event, I wonder if I will have the chance to join in the fun after two years.

*This post was supposed to be up last week but I was too lazy to post it up at the uni, that’s why it took such a long time…*

3 footprints:

Unknown said...

miss ur blog so much..haha
well, ur nomad life seems not bad anyway..LOL
if i were to go adelaide, u must help me ya? XD

Te Ying said...

if u were to come to adelaide, i wil make u experience my nomad life :P:P

candy said...

Hi

I'll be going to Adelaide in July 2009 to study in Unisa City West Campus.
Need some advices.
Appreciate if you can help.

Thanks.