Semaphore Explore

on Saturday, March 28, 2009

This trip goes under MySA, in conjunction with International Kite Festival. But really, I didn’t join any kite festival activities, the only way I could feel the atmosphere of "kite festival” was seeing many patterned kites flying in the sky.IMG_1208

Briefly, the day started off with sandwich making, taking train to Glanville, a LONG walk to Semaphore beach, a bunch of activities and finally, a miserable journey back.

There are a few interesting, yet rare events worth pointing out:

  • It was International kite festival – different from what I had expected. I expect a huge crowd, busier traffic, more stalls and of course, noise!!! But at least, I saw colourful kites blending with the clear blue sky. Believe me, it was scenic! :D
  • It was really a hot day, and many got sunburn.
  • There was really few buses, and trains servicing the area. We missed the first bus back, not knowing that we were waiting at the wrong bus stop. “It’s ok, coz we had crepes with berries in a cafe nearby :D” An hour later, we were back to the bus stop and I miserably saw a bus drove past another street. Puzzled, we looked at the service route again and found out that we were waiting at the wrong bus stop. :S Off we ran to the train station, and luckily we were in time to catch the train, yeah!

If you are looking forward to serenity or a quiet day off, Semaphore Beach is suitable for you. I didn’t go near to the water but the sand was really soft that it fulfills the so called “white, sandy beach” title. The beach is rated ++ by me. :P

Last but not least, pictures tell story!

IMG_1220IMG_1222I don’t feel like spoiling this picture, light and kites~ IMG_1230 IMG_1264Took this minutes before I went back, there were more kites now!

0 footprints: