Winter Break Experience #1

on Saturday, July 18, 2009

Touring around Adelaide Hills would be hard without a car and yes, I mean it, a car would be just nice for travelling.

IMG_1575

My first destination of the day – Mount Lofty. It was an easy climb up with magnificent view of the city, hence a worthy climb. Along the way, I managed to snap a few photos:

     IMG_1563IMG_1604IMG_1606IMG_1608

There were a few waterfalls on the way to the summit and the one shown in the picture was my first encounter at the foot of Mount Lofty. Albeit with morning drizzle, the hike was awesome for I had been locking myself up for a long time for the exams. Now that the exams are officially over, it’s time to stretch and breathe in the fresh morning air! Upon reaching the summit, I had a relaxing cup of Mocha in a restaurant and continued to explore the beauty of the nature.

Two mountains in a day sound impossible yet possible and hence my next destination – Mount Barker. (Don’t worry, I did not hike this time.)

IMG_1625  IMG_1645

There wasn’t any city view on top of Mount Barker. Instead, I saw wide and wide and wide and green and green and green grasslands. Believe me, they were definitely soothing!

Next, I visited a few small towns in the area. Forgive me for my poor memory, I couldn’t remember their names. Also by chance, I visited an old-fashioned small chocolate factory – Melba’s.

And finally, a delicious hotpot wrapped up my adventure for the day.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

0 footprints: