Reminiscence

on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's totally weird for not posting a "goodbye 2008, welcome 2009" post just like I normally would do. It's been 20 days later since we see firecracker in the dark sky, cheering for the arrival of the new year.

Nonetheless, life has been different in 2008 for me. Flashing back, looking at the good old photos I took since the beginning of the year tell the story of 2008. In January, I was sitting for my A-levels exam. I study day in day out, until I could memorise the exact phrases in the text. Immediately after that, I was busy with the preparation to leave for Adelaide in mid February. After that, everything was very very new for me.

February was like a transition month for most of us in Australia. It was 8 years ago when I first reached the land down under. Need not to say, everything was so vague at that time. I settled down in a small apartment and looked forward to university life. Central market is a new place for me for I always avoid market whenever possible. For the very first time in my life, I choose vegetables, I buy fruits and think of what to cook for lunch. I wouldn't say that my cooking tastes good, but obviously I'm improving as time goes by. I'm glad to be there, for I learn to manage my life independently.

In a new place, I meet new people, and get to know some better. In your eyes, the world is growing smaller, yet it gets deeper and more difficult to understand people. I realise that I'm no longer a child, I grow up to discover that nothing is perfect and not necessarily everything will follow your heart. I'm still learning to cope with.

After 10 months being away from home, now I'm back again to the place where I was grown up. She was still as friendly as she used to be, welcoming my return with a warm, sunny smile. Wherever I go, I know it well that there is always a place called home.

~Happy new year~

0 footprints: