A Few Weeks Back

on Sunday, October 19, 2008

I learned dispensing! (In fact I learned it a few weeks ago =P)

The first time I dispensed Paracetamol Tablets 500mg to "Mr Tom Riddle" while the second time I dispensed Amoxycillin Syrup 250mg/ 5ml to "Miss Hermione Granger" and Hydrocort Cream 1%, 50g to "Ms Ginevra Weasely". Printing the labels was fun but unfortunately I don't have the pictures with me right now.

At the same time, I was being exposed to pharmacy terms such as p.r.n. which means "when required". I'm so eager to get hold of a copy of APF (whichever edition it is).

Actually, I have always been tensed attending Pharmaceutics classes. The lecturers are stern and they are always strict. I guess the only motivation that drives me forward is dispensing. =D But in fact, dispensing is not as easy as I thought. For instance, you need to check the dosage with reference to the age and weight of the patient; even direction can be hard sometimes when preciseness is important.

The weather is becoming hot, so hot that I feel reluctant to walk under the skin-burning sun. I want to visit Botanic Garden!! There would definitely be plenty of beautiful flowers and plants!

Let time flow back to the mid sem break:

I couldn't remember every bit of my mid sem break but the most significant event that I joined was Rushi Children camp, as a helper. The camp was held at a scout camping site at Rymill Centre, Woodhouse. Woodhouse is quite a big place, originally built for scouts but it is available for rent. The surrounding was EXTREMELY peaceful and serene and no doubt, I love the place! Generally, the helpers are divided into groups including activity, art and craft, dharma and cooking.
And yes, I'm in dharma! It was a great experience to be in dharma. =D The names of the groups for children were based on 四摄法, while there were some teachings on 十善业。It was great to see a group of young people interested in Buddhism and Chinese! And I feel ashamed for not mastering Chinese well.

I should start writing in English more frequently for I can sense that my writing skills are deteriorating with pauses here and there, searching for suitable words in my mind.

*
Exams in approximately one month's time. Obviously I should start working now...*

1 footprints:

Anonymous said...

Hi Te Ying, nice place u have here. Im glad to be in dharma too, enjoyed the camp a lot.
Im Huey Tyng, don't doubt, its me even im without specs sometimes! :p