"Marathon"

on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It feels so fast, and now one week is gone!! So far, I spent my holiday visiting South Australia. Poor me, unlike most of my coursemates, I don't have any interstate plan =(

The holiday kicked off with Hooi Lie's birthday party. (Now I understand the hassle of hosting a party.) All of us were so busy with the food, venue and stuffs. Anyway, glad that it turned out to be a success and we had some leftover for the next few days. I guess I was the most delighted one as I don't need to worry about what to eat for lunch and dinner.

The next day was laundry day. You can never imagine it, we spent the whole day washing clothes! Thanks to the dearest exams, we hadn't been washing clothes for quite some time and our clothes piled up to 6 bags!

Moving on, it was time to release our stress and satisfy our "girlish nature" and hence our next destination --- Tea Tree Plaza. As an obedient + good girl, I didn't shop much. =P However, I believe that the main reason was that I had shopped too much before the exams and my pocket is seriously weeping now. Another new experience though, as Tea Tree Plaza is way different from the shopping malls in Malaysia. Unlike most shopping malls, Tea Tree Plaza consists of only three floors and most of the shops are located on the ground floor. Still the same old view, there aren't many skyscrapers in South Australia.

After that, we decided to visit Hahndorf. Hahndorf, situated in the Adelaide Hills, is a German settlement in South Australia. The most "interesting" part of our visit that I will never forget was the weather. It was a cold, windy and rainy day. The wind was so strong that you can feel yourself being "moved" by the wind and when it came together with the rain, it was freezing coooold! Before I forget, we visited some handicraft shops and a museum depicting the history of the German in South Australia. And of course, we didn't miss the chance to try out German food. Also, we visited Beerenberg errr... shop and Hahndorf Farm Barn. Beerenberg... shop visit was supposed to be a Beerenberg farm visit if it was spring. Too bad, when we reached the farm barn, it was almost the end of the visiting hours. However, we were so lucky that the keeper let us in for a hands on experience of feeding sheep with milk. Need not to say, it was sooooo exciting!!!

Read on, it is not the end yet. Haha... Alhough we were tired, there were still plans going on. After some discussion, we moved on to Cleland Wildlife Park the next day. There was no much difference between Cleland and other wildlife parks in Australia. Apparently, we saw kangaroos, wallabies, wombat, Dingos, Tasmanian Devils, koalas, water fowls and other reptiles. One of the lessons that I had learnt was wallabies are tamer than kangaroos. Haha...

After coming back from Cleland, we rested for one day. But I spent the morning hanging around at a charity food fair organised by Chuen Lu's church at Goodwood and the afternoon loitering around Rundle Mall. Zhi Hui had a friend visiting so we spent the night out for dinner with her friend.

Port Adelaide trip was generally a cruise trip to see dolphins. Apparently, the wind was strong too but I was growing smart to know what to wear nowadays. Haha... I will stop here for this moment. The activity coming up is a four-day-camp organised by Rushi Youth Group. ^^

0 footprints: